Bip Bop Initiative: Schneider Electric Egypt
Egyptian Minister of Education inaugurates Specialized Technical Advanced School, 19 May 2010
On Wednesday 19th of May, in the presence of Karen Ferguson, our EVP HR, Schneider Electric Egypt invited the Egyptian Minister of Education, Ahmed Z. Badr and the French Ambassador in Egypt, Jean Felix Paganon to inaugurate the new workshop and lab of Galal Fahmy Technical Advanced School.
“Galal Fahmy Specialized Technical School”
Schneider Electric Egypt took the initiative to sponsor one of Egypt’s oldest technical schools. “Galal Fahmy Specialized Technical Advanced School” is a five years technical school, starts after the preparatory stage. It graduates efficient technicians in many sectors such as Electrical, Mechanical, and Carpentry… etc.
Recently, the Egyptian government noticed the need for development for the technicians’ curriculum. This is based on the ongoing growing need for talented and experienced technicians in the Egyptian market.
Bip Bop in the heart of the public/private sector cooperation:
Believing in the importance of partnership between Public and Private Sector, we had this project in the framework of a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Education – Technical Education section. Our project includes the preparation of an integrated program implemented over 5 years through 4 stages summarized as follows:
- Renovation of the Electrical Workshop & lab.
- Supplying the workshop with educational demo kits.
- Technical & soft skills training programs for teachers.
- Full technical & development program for fresh graduates to better prepare and enable them building their future.
Facts to Date:
- 32 students have been trained and this should continue for the next three years.
- 15 teachers have been trained.
- 27 employees invested their own time for the execution and the success of the program.