What are the procedures of applying voltage to an ATV after long duration storage?
It is not allowed to give supply directly if the drive is stored for a long duration. It is mandatory to follow capacitor re-forming procedures to power up the drive. The power up procedures are given below for your reference.
As a function of storage duration, you must re-apply voltage progressively to the product to re-form the capacitors. Calculate the storage time from the date code of the product and not from the date of delivery.
1. If Storage time ≤ 1 year : Apply voltage in the normal way
2. If Storage time between 1 and 2 years : Apply voltage to the product for 1 hour
3. If Storage time ≥ 2 years : Use a variable AC power supply and apply
- 25% of nominal voltage for 30 min
- 50% of nominal voltage for 30 min
- 75% of nominal voltage for 30 min
- 100% of nominal voltage for 210 min