How can I set the IP address of xenta servers (Xenta 5/7/9xx) through serial communication ?
Preparation:You need to have an RS-232 serial cable (TAC Xenta Programming Serial Kit 0-073-0920-0). Plug the RS-232cable in to the RS-232 B port. The RS-232 B port is the second left port at the front. Then connect the other end to the
1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communications > HyperTerminal then open the HyperTerminal.
2. In Connection Description Windows, type any name you like in the Name box.
3. Click OK.
4. In the Connect to window, choose the correct COM port that the RS-232 cable is using. If you do not know which COM port it is using :
4.1. Go to your computer device manager. (Right click on “My computer” icon, and choose “Manage”then under “SystemTools”, choose “Device Manager”)
4.2. Find “Ports (COM & LPT)” and expend it.
4.3. Find the COM port number that is used by the RS-232 cable.
5. Click OK.
6. In the COM Properties window, type 9600 for “Bits per second”, 8 for “Data bits”, “Parity” is none, “Stop bits”is 1 and “Flow control”is None.
7. Click OK.
8.Options : You can save this setting for future use. Click on File Menu and Save.
9. Press ENTER to activate the command prompt.
10. Default username and password is both “root”. Type “root” and press ENTER for both the username and password.
11. Type “setip” and press ENTER.
12. Type the appropriate information for DHCP, IP-address, Subnet mask, Default gateway, DNS, Website name, Domainname, and Host name. Type “yes” for “Do you want to restart the IP interface”.
13. Quit HyperTerminal when the restart is finished.