What settings should be followed when connecting multiple motors with a single VFD
1. The VFD must be programmed in V/F mode control type and auto-tuning is not allowed.
2. ON/OFF command, speed reference are same like single drive with single motor configuration.
3. The VFD can not protect the individual motors, hence over load protection(MPCB or contactor+OLR) should be provided for individual motors.
4. All the MPCB's of individual motors must be ON before giving start command to the drive, interlock to be provided accordingly. Also Trip contact of individual overload relay's (MPCB) should be interlocked to enable Emergency stop command to drive.
5. Total length of motor cable must be with in the limit of cable length mentioned in drive catalog.