Can I connect ATV12 to a single phase motor? What are the limitations?
The ATV12 is optimized for three-phase motors due to following limitations:
- Motor winding is not designed to support high drive dv/dt value ( isolation for 50Hz) generated by the PWMI>> Could damage motor in short or medium term.
- Auxiliary winding not designed to support nominal current
- Motor protection not designed to be used with single phase motor >> No protection
- Drive IGBT inverter could be damage also due to the unbalanced current of the motor winding (principal and auxiliary winding have not the same impedancy) >> Could damage product
- Software has not been designed to be used with single phase motor >> Performance not guaranteed