Variable speed drive up to 630 kW for Pump and Fan applications in Industry and Infrastructures
Frequency inverters for 3-phase asynchronous motors up to 630 kW for Pump and Fan applications in Industry and Infrastructures
- 72 % of consumed electricity is used to turn on motors. 63 % of this energy is used for fluid applications like pumps and fans. AC drives allow you to reduce energy consumption by 50% on fans compared to conventional solutions (flow variation with mechanical devices) and 20% to 30% on pumps according to their characteristics.
- Fan example: at 80% of nominal flow, the energy consumption is 95% of nominal power with conventional installations instead of 50% with AC drves.
- Even thought flow variation is not needed, most of the applications are oversized (pesimistic estimation of hydraulic loses). Optimising the pressure, AC drives save 20% of energy compared to conventional solutions.
- Using ECO8 software, you can easely estimate the energy saving according to your pump or fan applications and duty cycle.
Main Energy Efficiency characteristics
- Open to the main networks.
- Industry: Ethernet, FIPIO, Modus Plus, DeviceNet, Interbus-S, Unitelway.
- Building: LonWorks, BACnet, METASYS N2 and Apogee FLN.
- High performance variable torque applications:
- Fan: safety with forced start (fault inhibition, selection of the running direction and reference speed).
- Multipump: with the programmable multipump card, Altivar 61 brings you flexibility, useability and adaptability in management of multiple pumps.
- Pumps: essential functions to protect your installation under load, including detection of overload and fluid absence.
- IP54 version and "Simply Start" menu